This is a simple Lobster Risotto, but yet a luxurious meal. Using Lobster shells is much better than a bouillon stock. I had some leftover steamed asparagus spears, cut them up, and tossed them in at the end.
You start by sautéed the leftover lobster shells in oil and boiled them in a pot of water with chopped onion, now add a couple of peppercorns and then bay leaves. Lobster is pricey and you can stretch it out by making an entirely new meal by utilizing the lobster shells.
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Lobster Risotto
Make those lobster flavors last and when you are all set, make this lobster risotto. Heat Up the lobster stock in a saucepot. Then Melt Down the butter in a saucepan next to it, Now add the onions and cook onions till they are translucent, now add Arborio rice, season with salt stir to combine all.
Step 1. Bring broth and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan.
Step 2. Add lobster; cover and cook for 4 minutes.
Step 3. Remove lobster from pan; cool for 5 minutes.
Step 4. Remove meat from cooked lobster tails, reserving shells. Chop meat.
Step 5. Place shells in a large zip-top plastic bag. Coarsely crush shells using a meat mallet or heavy skillet. Return crushed shells to the broth mixture.
Step 6. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Step 7. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Strain shell mixture through a sieve over a bowl, reserving broth; discard solids. Return broth mixture to saucepan; keep warm over low heat. Heat 1 tbsp. butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Step 8. Add rice to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Step 9. Stir in 1 cup broth mixture, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan and cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Reserve 2 tbsps. broth mixture.
Step 10. Add the remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion is absorbed before adding the next (about 22 minutes total).
Step 11. Remove from heat, and stir in lobster, the reserved 2 tbsps. broth mixture, 2 tbsps. butter, and green peas. Serve immediately with remaining Parmesan.
Check out Gordon Ramsay King Crab Capellini
Gordon Ramsay Risotto Recipes
- Best 5 Hell’s Kitchen Risotto RecipesBest Hell’s Kitchen Risotto Recipes. Need a change from your same old risotto recipe look no further. We have the most of Hell’s famous risotto recipes all in one place.
- Shrimp and Scallop RisottoThis Hell’s Kitchen Shrimp and Scallop Risotto Recipes by Gordon Ramsay needs to be Stirred continuously like so many risotto recipes demand it. You can feel free to adapt this recipe as I did, swapping out canned seafood stock for the homemade shrimp stock.
- Lobster RisottoThis Hell’s Kitchen Lobster Risotto recipe by Gordon Ramsay is a simple, yet luxury meal. Using Lobster is much better than a bouillon stock. I had some leftover steamed asparagus spears, cut them up, and tossed them in at the end.
- Mushroom Risotto with Parmesan CheeseHell’s Kitchen Mushroom Risotto with Parmesan Cheese recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Made with portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced, shallots and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Creamy Asparagus Risotto with Lemon and MascarponeHell’s Kitchen Creamy Asparagus Risotto with Lemon and Mascarpone Recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Made with spring green asparagus brightened with lemon and enriched with a dollop of mascarpone.