This simple Hell’s kitchen lemon butter caper sauce recipe is ideal for any sauteed, baked, or broiled seafood dishes. The lemon-caper sauce partners well with delicate fish varieties like scallops, sole fillets, halibut, and seabass as harder fish like tuna and swordfish. Also used for fish piccata of any sort, this recipe is simple.
This simple and delicious sauce is the perfect companion to any dish – chicken, fish, vegetables, or even pasta. Best of all, it’s super easy to make and requires just a few ingredients. So if you’re looking for a flavorful and easy sauce to add some zing to your meals, give this lemon butter caper sauce a try!
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Lemon Butter Caper Sauce
Whisk the garlic, capers, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. While the fish comes out of the oven, splash the juice from the recipe back into the frypan to make the sauce.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. of butter in it over medium heat until sizzling.
- Now add the garlic and shallot, and sauté them until softened, lowering the heat if needed, for almost 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour in the pan, and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes.
- Now Whisk in the dry wine along with the chicken stock, bring the heat up the heat to high and till the liquid begins to boil, make sure to scrape browned bits from the bottom of the saucepan.
- Lower the heat to medium-high and continue to cook, without a lid, until it’s reduced by ½ in about 7 to 10 minutes.