Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips Recipe is a complete traditional English meal. The fish is coated with a beer batter that produces a crunchy and delightful texture, as the internal of the fish is delicate fall apart flaky. One of the features of this fish and chip recipe that creates a difference from any other that you’ll discover is the addition of the mushy peas.
The ideal fish and chips can only be reached when the beer batter is made just right. I have discovered that denser beer batter can make the fish wet when frying since the oil should pass through the beer batter to cook the fish, so make the beer batter that is somewhat thinner in texture than waffle and pancake batter.
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips
If you do make this fish and chips recipe you’ll need to make all the elements, including the Gordon Ramsay famous mushy peas if you want to have the same experience you would get at Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips restaurants.
Step 1. Mix the rice flour and the 00 flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar in a med-sized bowl. after, add in the soda water and the larger beer.
Step 2. Blend all the ingredients until they are well mixed but be cautious not to over mix the beer batter since a heavy batter will be visible on your fish.
Step 3. Now Coat the fish well in the flour, I choose to use cod for this recipe, but you can use another type of fish you like. Then dip the fish in the batter to coat.
Step 4. Place the beer-battered cod fish aside and now heat oil in your frying pan to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit, after the oil has reached the temperature, cook the fish for about 10 minutes or until the outside is a beautiful golden brown.
Step 5. start by cutting the Yukon Gold Potatoes into thin wedge-sized slices that will get crispy without difficulty in a deep fryer. Then Fry wedge-slices in oil at 350 degrees till golden brown and crispy, set aside.
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Mush Peas
Step 1. Simply boil water adding salt to the water to flavor the peas. Add two cups of peas and allow the peas to continue to cook until they boil again.
Step 2. When they are cooked, place the peas Add cream, butter, salt, and pepper to peas, pulse it until it is the consistency that you’d like the peas to be. If you want a softer consistency, but still thick with small pieces of peas. Adjust seasonings to taste and serve immediately with fish and chips.
Gordon Ramsay Fish Recipes
- Pan-Fried Red SnapperHell’s Kitchen Red Snapper recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Next time you are shopping look in the fish cases, get some red snapper fillets with the skin still on and pan fry the snapper for a simple and delightful light dinner.
- Sesame Crusted Pan Seared TunaHell’s Kitchen Pan Seared Tuna with a sesame crust recipe by Gordon Ramsay. When purchasing tuna select labeled with “sushi grade” from a trusted fresh fish market or the fish section of your grocery store. The green tea soba noodles-cha soba can be found in Asian markets.
- Pan Seared Halibut with Lemon Beurre Blanc and Tartar Potato PureeHell’s Kitchen Pan-Roasted Halibut recipe by Gordon Ramsay is unquestionably my favorite way of cooking fish. This recipe of pan seared halibut gives the fish a nice crispy sear flavor on the outside while leaving the inside nice and flakey.
- Gordon Ramsay Crispy Skin Salmon with Confit FennelHell’s Kitchen Crispy Skin Salmon with Confit Fennel recipe by Gordon Ramsay. The fish must be completely patted down, leaving no moisture on the skin. This will help the hot oil start searing the skin instantly as soon as the skin hits the heat.
- The Best Mexican Shrimp Tostadas CevicheHell’s Kitchen Mexican Shrimp Tostadas Ceviche Recipe by Gordon Ramsay. I realized that this dish is all about the contrast of the textures and, colors. Made with mouthwatering shrimp, and soft, ripe avocado, tossed with crunchy radishes and served on a delightful crunchy Tostada base tortilla.