I made these Blondies with the kids, they were so good, we make plenty to store in the freezer so we could enjoy them on a different day as well. They did freeze well, they came out of the freezer still soft and chewy in the middle after thawing. This is has become one of my very favorite dessert bar recipes to make.
What is the difference between a brownie and a Blondie?
Blondies (A.K.A.) blonde brownie is a rich, sweet dessert bar. They look a lot like a traditional chocolate brownie, but vanilla is substituted for the cocoa that is commonly used in chocolate brownies, and contains brown sugar, giving it the Blondie color.
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Blondies
The Below guide explains how to make the most delicious jaw-dropping blondies with white chocolate and cranberries. Now go gather your equipment and let’s start cooking.
Equipment Needed for Blondies Recipe:
- Chefs knife
- Cutting board
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Cooling rack
- 8 in. x 8 in. Baking Pan
1. Preparing the Blondies Mixture
First, melt the butter gently in a saucepan, then whisk the butter into the middle of the sugar. By whisking the butter it will make the mixture lighter and fluffier. This is the point you will see the mixture starts to turn bright yellow.
Add a pinch of salt for the gas. Give it a really good mix with the butter be slightly warm it will melt the sugar nice and smooth.
2. Add Liquid Ingredients
Now add a teaspoon of vanilla extract, gentle beat two whole eggs than next gentle whisk the eggs in the sugar mixture. You are looking for a nice smooth blond color looking paste looking. Just like the name of the recipe refers to…Blondies!
3. Add Dry Ingredients
Next, add a teaspoon of baking powder and half a teaspoon of baking soda. This will aerate the mixture to generate gas and adds some tartness as well as making it rise immediately once placed in the oven.
Now add flour, whisk with one hand slowly but only add half the flour first. Get it all mixed up, make sure that mixture is really nice and smooth, check it occasionally to see it has no lumps.
Now add the other half of flour, you’ll start to feel the mixture get nice and firm that’s why it’s so important to add the flour in stages. It stops the mixture from getting lumpy.
4. Add Dried Cranberries for Texture
Change over from a whisk to a spoon.
Add dried cranberries, this will give the Blondies a really nice chewy sweet center, next add white chocolate making sure to slice it in little bits of sharp pieces make the chocolate look like little match-sticks.
Gently fold-in evenly distribution of dried cranberries and White Morsels or Shaved Chocolate. Don’t over mix you don’t want to break up the chocolate.
5. Getting Blondies Ready to Bake
Get the baking tray ready, greased baking tray with a small amount of butter, line with greaseproof parchment paper to ensure chocolate won’t stick to the bottom of the tray. Be sure to overextending parchment over the sides of the baking tray.
Now place all the mixture into the center of the baking tray with the back of the spatula spread evenly into the corners of the tray, make sure to spread mixture evenly So, it will cook evenly.
Bake Blondie’s at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (ca. 177 °C) for 35 to 40 minutes... Let cool to start slicing the mouthwatering Blondies.
6. How to Bake Blondies Without Sticking to Bottom
Lining the 8-inch x 8-inch baking tray with greaseproof parchment paper stops the chocolate in the Blondies from sticking to the bottom …as a reminder make sure to smooth out the top of the Blondie when you fill 8-inch x 8-inch baking tray so that they cook evenly.
Gordon Ramsay Dessert Recipes
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie (Ala Mode)Chef Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie recipe with a tart apple filling, a buttery pie crust golden and flaky. A traditional apple pie is as endless as they come, it is one of those favorite comforting desserts. It features a classic sweet-tart or butter pie crust that surrounds a spiced apple blend. It often served with, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream know as “à la mode”.
- Gordon Ramsay White Blonde Brownie RecipeHell’s Kitchen blondie brownies recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Blondies are a white chocolate adaptation of brownies. I find them a bit more subtle in flavor, and these blondies make a wonderful finish to a mealtime, above all, with a few tender cranberries tossed in for some texture.