Chef Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie recipe with a tart apple filling, a buttery pie crust golden and flaky. A traditional apple pie is as endless as they come, it is one of those favorite comforting desserts. It features a classic sweet-tart or butter pie crust that surrounds a spiced apple blend. Sometimes served with vanilla ice cream and topped with whipped cream know as “à la mode”, or in certain parts of the world with cheddar cheese. It usually has a beautiful crisscross lattice top crust, or apple pie crumble.
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie Recipe
Refrigerating the pie dough after a fast knead lets time for the gluten to settle built-up in the dough, this makes it easier when rolling and shaping. It also stops water, butter from mix together and interacting with the flour too soon, keeping the flaky, airy pockets in the finished product.
Step 1. You want to first start making the filling by caramelizing the apple. Mix the cinnamon nutmeg and sugar together. Peel the apples then core and quarter, cut the qtr. into large thick chunks. Then put them in a bowl and shank the spiced sugar to coat the apple chucks.
Step 2. You are going to fry the apple chunks in two bunches: in a wide, nonstick frying pan you are going to melt half the butter, then add half of the apple chunks, and fry until golden and caramelized around the edges over high heat, around 5 mins. After cooking place them in a large bowl. Duplicate with the remaining bunch of apples with the remaining butter. Let them cool down completely.
Step 3. Now, preheat your oven to 375°F. Roll out around half of the sweet pastry on a lightly floured countertop surface to about ⅛-in. thick. The turn over an 8-inch pie tin on top of the sweet pastry and cut out an irregular circle a little larger than the pan.
Step 4. Place pastry in the pie pan to line, pressing down lightly to get rid of any air pockets, and trim off the extra pastry. Now roll out remaining sweet pastry into one more circle, once more a little bigger than the pie pan, for crust top.
Step 5. Ladle the cool fried apples equally into the pie shell. With a little water Brush the rim of the bottom crust, then place the top of the crust over the pie. To seal pie Push down lightly to trim off the extra pastry. Crease the edges and brush with egg wash on the top to glaze.
Step 6. Cut a small cross in the center so that vapor can escape throughout cooking you do so by using the tip of a paring knife to. Then shank a little sugar on top.
Step 7. Place pie in the oven and bake until the pie crust is golden brown and crisp, about 35 – 40 minutes. Make sure you let stand to cool for 15 – 20 minutes before cutting to serve.
Make Gordon Ramsay Pie Crust Pastry
Step 1. Place the sugar and butter in a food processor and plus until just all are well combined. Now add the egg and plus for another 30 seconds.
Step 2. Now put in the flour and process for a few more seconds until the sweet dough just comes together. Don’t to over-process, or your dough will be tough.
Step 3. If the dough seems too dry you can add a tablespoon of cold water. Knead on a dusted surface and shape into a flat disk. Wrap with film and refrigerate 30 minutes before you start using.
More Gordon Ramsay Recipes
- Lobster Spaghetti Recipe Gordon RamsayHell’s Kitchen Lobster and Spaghetti Recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Lobster is one of those few foods you can bring home live from the store to cook yourself. If you’re up for the challenge, it’s very easy to do.
- Pan-Fried Red SnapperHell’s Kitchen Red Snapper recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Next time you are shopping look in the fish cases, get some red snapper fillets with the skin still on and pan fry the snapper for a simple and delightful light dinner.
- Sesame Crusted Pan Seared TunaHell’s Kitchen Pan Seared Tuna with a sesame crust recipe by Gordon Ramsay. When purchasing tuna select labeled with “sushi grade” from a trusted fresh fish market or the fish section of your grocery store. The green tea soba noodles-cha soba can be found in Asian markets.
- Chicken Under a Brick with Herb GremolataHell’s Kitchen Brick Chicken recipe by Gordon Ramsay. You’ll first need to prepare the whole chicken by spatchcocking, which is simply removing the chicken’s backbone. Then the chicken goes into a hot pan skin side down.
- Spaghetti Pasta Carbonara Recipe with Truffle MushroomHell’s Kitchen Pasta Carbonara Recipe by Gordon Ramsay is one of the easiest dishes you will ever make with only a few simple ingredients ready in 20 min, Loaded with Parmesan and crisp Pancetta goodness. Carbonara is an Italian dish from Rome made with pasta.