As was cooking this shrimp Tostadas recipe, I realized that this dish is all about the contrast of the textures and, colors. Made with mouthwatering shrimp, and soft, ripe avocado, tossed with crunchy radishes and served on a delightful crunchy Tostada base tortilla, this recipe will not disappoint you.
In Mexico and other parts of Latin America Tostada is the Spanish meaning for “toasted.” It is the name of numerous local street cart foods which are toasted or have an ingredient that uses toasted element as the part of the recipes main base preparation. Tostada typically means to a flat or bowl-formed tortilla that is to say crispy fried or toasted.
How to make Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Tostadas
Ultimate Home Cooking guide explains how to make his favorite street food dish delicious shrimp tostada. Now go gather your equipment and let’s start cooking.
Equipment Needed for Shrimp Tostadas Recipe
- Chefs knife
- Cutting board
- 12” Skillet
- 12″ Tongs
1. How to Prepare Shrimp
First, twist off the head, then peel off all the shell and pull off the tail. With the tip of a sharp knife, score the prawn along the back and lift out the black vein. Rinse the prepared shrimp before using it.
2. Marinating the Shrimp for Tostadas
Marinate the shrimp first for 15 minutes add a bit of garlic nice and fine. Don’t know how to thinly slice, just get a little grater. This will grate the garlic nice and fine as well nice Pinch of chili flakes over the prawn garlic in salt pepper and olive oil give that a really nice little mix. Let them marinate.
3. Avocado and Salad Prep
Start prepping on the salad, radishes with tops and tails removed and then add cherry tomatoes halves spring onions sliced with salt to season, then add heat with a few chili peppers sliced thin on an angle.
Cut avocado cut in half, then give that a little twist. So now you just go down, down, and down carefully with your knife turn around, then you take your spoon scoop out the diced avocado.
Cut Baby gem lettuce half then shred freshly, squeezed lime juice and a little drizzle of olive oil. Lime complements this salad wonderfully add roughly chopped coriander and mix, this is the perfect base for Tostada salads.
4. Cooking Shrimp and Toasting Tortilla
Begin cooking the prawns in a very hot pan with a teaspoon of olive oil. Make sure pan is hot enough to give you a sizzle when you put that the first shrimp in the pan. If you don’t hear a sizzle with the first shrimp don’t put the rest in. keep shrimp flat on the pan make sure you add all the marinade in as well. The shrimp will change colorfast, cooking the shrimp quickly in a very hot pan will give the shrimp a much better taste and cook in 2-3 minutes.
Squeeze lime juice over the top of shrimp move shrimp toss and saute. Make sure you use corn tortilla they are more full-bodied than flour, and they also toast up nicely. Place in a hot pan, no oils, in a dry pan so that the corn tortilla crisps on the outside.
5. Construct Tostadas
To construct the Shrimp Tostadas place a generous amount of salad on crisp corn tortilla next add shrimp place with the tails into the center in with of the bigger side of the shrimp facing the outside.
Check Out Gordon Ramsay Pan Seared Scallops
Gordon Ramsay Seafood Recipes
- Gordon Ramsay’s Top 5 Fish Recipes (Easy and Simple)Jump to RecipePrint RecipeIt seems that unless fish comes covered in batter and served with chips on the side, most people don’t care for it. That’s a shame because fish
- Best 10 Hell’s Kitchen Fish RecipesHell’s Kitchen Best Fish Recipes by Gordon Ramsay. There are plenty of fish recipes that you can make on our website to share with your loved ones. Enjoy reading about and making these recipes.
- Blackened Red Drum with Ancient Grains, Kale & Orange Butter SauceHell’s Kitchen Blackened Red Drum Recipe by Gordon Ramsay is one of my favorite ways to enjoy redfish. I love coating redfish with Cajun bold spices and frying it until it is blackened.
- Seared Crab Cakes with Haricot Vert Beans and Citrus Butter SauceThis Hell’s Kitchen crab cake with Dijon mustard recipe by Gordon Ramsay made with specifying “lump crab meat” or “backfin crab meat.” This is the white sweet crab meat that comes from the body of the crab. The other meat is “claw meat” and comes from the claws or legs of the crab.
- The Best Mexican Shrimp Tostadas CevicheHell’s Kitchen Mexican Shrimp Tostadas Ceviche Recipe by Gordon Ramsay. I realized that this dish is all about the contrast of the textures and, colors. Made with mouthwatering shrimp, and soft, ripe avocado, tossed with crunchy radishes and served on a delightful crunchy Tostada base tortilla.