This is a feel-good Homemade Caribbean Jerk Chicken recipe. Nothing hard about it, but the heat of the spices kicked up by the intense heat of the Scotch bonnet peppers always puts a smile on my face. If you don’t like too much heat, use fewer peppers, of course, or a much milder type, such as the Tabasco or jalapeño.
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Jerk Chicken
Caribbean Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a hearty-seasoned grilled chicken made with a Jamaican jerk marinade that has the precise balance of heat, delicious and savory. Habanero or scotch bonnet peppers are optional in this recipe, you can adjust the heat “level” of the peppers used to fit your needs.
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Step 2. Start by making intense jerk marinade by combining all the ingredients. slice scotch bonnet chilies. black pepper and a bit of oil. Rub the jerk marinade on to chicken pieces, pressing it into the scored meat. marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Step 3. Fry the chicken pieces for about 10 minutes until golden brown on all sides in a heated large ovenproof pan on medium-high heat then add a touch of olive oil. Now add Worcestershire and continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
Step 4. Cover the chicken with foil or an ovenproof lid and cook pre-heated oven for 20 minutes until cooked through (if the pan you are using isn’t ovenproof, then simply use a roasting tray). Eliminate the foil for the last 5 minutes to add more browning coloring if the chicken needs.
Step 5. Now serve chicken with side rice.
Check out Roast Chicken Stuffed with Chorizo
More Gordon Ramsay Recipes
- Lobster Spaghetti Recipe Gordon RamsayHell’s Kitchen Lobster and Spaghetti Recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Lobster is one of those few foods you can bring home live from the store to cook yourself. If you’re up for the challenge, it’s very easy to do.
- Pan-Fried Red SnapperHell’s Kitchen Red Snapper recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Next time you are shopping look in the fish cases, get some red snapper fillets with the skin still on and pan fry the snapper for a simple and delightful light dinner.
- Sesame Crusted Pan Seared TunaHell’s Kitchen Pan Seared Tuna with a sesame crust recipe by Gordon Ramsay. When purchasing tuna select labeled with “sushi grade” from a trusted fresh fish market or the fish section of your grocery store. The green tea soba noodles-cha soba can be found in Asian markets.
- Chicken Under a Brick with Herb GremolataHell’s Kitchen Brick Chicken recipe by Gordon Ramsay. You’ll first need to prepare the whole chicken by spatchcocking, which is simply removing the chicken’s backbone. Then the chicken goes into a hot pan skin side down.
- Spaghetti Pasta Carbonara Recipe with Truffle MushroomHell’s Kitchen Pasta Carbonara Recipe by Gordon Ramsay is one of the easiest dishes you will ever make with only a few simple ingredients ready in 20 min, Loaded with Parmesan and crisp Pancetta goodness. Carbonara is an Italian dish from Rome made with pasta.