Risotto can every so often be an overwhelming dish to make, but this Shrimp and Scallop risotto recipe, adapted from Hell’s Kitchen by Gordon Ramsay doesn’t have to be. It works, even if you don’t prepare any of the elements in advance. Stirring continuously because so risotto recipes demand it. You can feel free to adapt this recipe as I did, swapping out canned seafood stock for the homemade shrimp stock.
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Seafood Risotto
A delightful and refined recipe. Fish stock can be quickly made and is a must for this recipe. You can also swap out by adding pieces of an inexpensive white fish for either one the shrimp or the scallops to make it a bit more pleasant on the wallet.
Preparing Seafood Ingredients
Step 1. Heat 3 tbsps. olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Step 2. Add garlic; cook and stir until starting to sizzle, about 2 minutes.
Step 3. Stir in scallops and cook for 1 minute.
Step 4. Add shrimp and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Step 5. Cook over high heat until shrimp are pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
Step 6. Pour 1/2 cup white wine into the skillet and let the alcohol evaporate. Scrape the bottom of the skillet to deglaze; cook until the liquid is reduced, 2 to 3 minutes.
Step 7. Remove from heat, add lemon juice, and sprinkle with 1/2 of the parsley. Discard garlic.
Step 8. Cover the skillet to keep shellfish warm.
Step 1. Pour fish stock into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
Step 2. Melt butter in a skillet over low heat.
Step 3. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil and shallot.
Step 4. Cook until shallot is soft and translucent, but not brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Increase heat and add rice; cook until rice has absorbed the oil and butter and has a nutty aroma, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes.
Step 5. Make sure not to burn the shallot and reduce heat if the skillet gets too hot.
Step 6. Pour 1/2 cup white wine into the skillet and stir until the alcohol has evaporated.
Step 7. Add 1 ladleful of fish stock, stir, and cook until rice has absorbed the stock.
Step 8. Add another ladleful and repeat the process until the rice is tender, 15 to 18 minutes in total.
Step 9. Add shellfish with their juices to the risotto pan 3 minutes before the end of cooking.
Step 10. Stir and finish cooking altogether, adding stock if needed.
Step 11. Remove from heat.
Step 12. Stir in remaining parsley and 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil. Let risotto stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Check out Gordon Ramsay Lobster Risotto
More Gordon Ramsay Recipes
- Gordon Ramsay Scrambled Eggs RecipeBefore you can start perfecting this Gordon Ramsay scrambled eggs recipe you need to forget everything you ever learned about making scrambled eggs. Don’t whisk in a bowl and don’t add salt prior to cooking they’ll turn gray. Chef Ramsay demonstrates his no-fail method that will keep you from losing half your eggs from sticking the bottom of the pan.
- Gordon Ramsay Fried ChickenGordon Ramsay buttermilk fried chicken recipe is coated in seasoned flour and fried, but to tenderize the chicken Gordon simply marinates it in buttermilk. Buttermilk also gives the chicken a lovely tangy flavor, I don’t know what KFC puts in the blend of their secret spices of herbs of seasoning
- Gordon Ramsay Eggs Benedict with Crispy Parma HamHell’s Kitchen Eggs Benedict recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Poached eggs and hollandaise allegedly named after a New York stockbroker who ordered it as a cure for his hangover in the late 1890s, that’s why it has become the world’s most well-known brunch dish. It’s magnificent with smoked salmon or spinach, but I like it best with crisp di Parma prosciutto style Italian ham.
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie (Ala Mode)Chef Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie recipe with a tart apple filling, a buttery pie crust golden and flaky. A traditional apple pie is as endless as they come, it is one of those favorite comforting desserts. It features a classic sweet-tart or butter pie crust that surrounds a spiced apple blend. It often served with, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream know as “à la mode”.
- Gordon Ramsay Fish and ChipsHell’s Kitchen Fish and Chips Recipe by Gordon Ramsay. The fish is coated with a beer batter that produces a crunchy and delightful texture, as the internal of the fish is delicate fall apart flaky and One of the features of this fish and chip recipe create a different from any other that you’ll discover is the addition of the mushy peas.