After watching Chef Christina make Lobster Butternut Squash Risotto, I couldn’t wait to start making it myself. The recipe combines sweet, buttery butternut squash and creamy risotto with herbs and Parmesan cheese, with butternut squash bursting with a truly gourmet flavor.
What Is Risotto Rice?
Risotto is a traditional northern Italian rice dish that is cooked with broth until it achieves a creamy texture. The broth can be obtained from meat, fish, or vegetables. Many forms of risotto comprise of butter, onion, white wine, and parmesan cheese. It is one of the most common methods of cooking rice in Italy.
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Lobster Butternut Squash Risotto
Learn how to make Butternut Squash Risotto with the full detail guide below. Now go gather your equipment and let’s start cooking.
Equipment Needed for Lobster Butternut Squash Risotto Recipe
- Chefs knife
- Cutting board
- 12” Skillet
- Wooden spoon
- 2 Qt. Saucepan
1. Preparing Butternut Squash
Place squash face down on sheet tray and roast at 350 degrees until fork tender. Remove from oven and scoop out the flesh. Place squash in blender and add heavy cream and milk to loosen to desired consistency.
2. Cooking Risotto and Lobster
add olive oil to a pan, add 2 cups Arborio Rice, cook till rice is toasted. Then add Shallots and sweat out, add white wine, cook of all alcohol.
Start adding chicken stock, keep rice moving, as rice drys-up keep add chicken stock at 2 oz. every minute for 20 minutes. As the rice starts to cook add, Butternut Squash Puree with Risotto, Parmesan Cheese.
As rice is cooking, poach Lobster tail in melted butter very gently, then add Knuckle and Claw Meat to rice, add diced Butternut Squash, chives to plate, season to taste with salt. Top with poached Lobster tail.
Check out Mushroom Risotto with Parmesan Cheese
Gordon Ramsay Risotto Recipes
- Best 5 Hell’s Kitchen Risotto RecipesBest Hell’s Kitchen Risotto Recipes. Need a change from your same old risotto recipe look no further. We have the most of Hell’s famous risotto recipes all in one place.
- Shrimp and Scallop RisottoThis Hell’s Kitchen Shrimp and Scallop Risotto Recipes by Gordon Ramsay needs to be Stirred continuously like so many risotto recipes demand it. You can feel free to adapt this recipe as I did, swapping out canned seafood stock for the homemade shrimp stock.
- Lobster RisottoThis Hell’s Kitchen Lobster Risotto recipe by Gordon Ramsay is a simple, yet luxury meal. Using Lobster is much better than a bouillon stock. I had some leftover steamed asparagus spears, cut them up, and tossed them in at the end.
- Mushroom Risotto with Parmesan CheeseHell’s Kitchen Mushroom Risotto with Parmesan Cheese recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Made with portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced, shallots and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Creamy Asparagus Risotto with Lemon and MascarponeHell’s Kitchen Creamy Asparagus Risotto with Lemon and Mascarpone Recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Made with spring green asparagus brightened with lemon and enriched with a dollop of mascarpone.