Michelin star chef Gordon Ramsay first coats his steaks with a seasoning of salt and pepper on both sides before cooking; that goes without saying. But this Gordon Ramsay steak recipe uses a special Gordon Ramsay steak seasoning rub, BBQ sauce, and cognac to flambés the steak. How does Gordon Ramsay like his steak cooked?
Gordon Ramsay has revealed his method for cooking the perfect, juicy steak. It goes without saying that the top chef first seasons the meat with salt and pepper on both sides. After seasoning the steak on both sides in a dish, a splash of oil should be added to a skillet.
There are plenty of myths circulating about the best way how to cook a steak. Don’t use a fork to flip your steak. Only salt and pepper your steak after it’s completed cooking. Always purchase the highest-quality steak you can afford for pan-searing, and in my opinion, it either a boneless NY strip or a big and juicy rib-eye.
My favorite pan to cook a NY strip steak is a 12-inch cast iron skillet from the lodge; they come preseason as grill pan or not. Try out perfectly grilled chicken breasts or grilling up some sweet summer peaches for a BBQ flavor any time of year; buy at Amazon
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Grilled Steak
You season it very well with Gordon Ramsay Steak Seasoning about 30 minutes before you are going to cook it, and then lastly, cook the steak hot and fast with oil to start and butter when finishing. What about resting the steak step? Well… resting might turn out not to be as critical as once believed.
A stovetop steak recipe that’s so simple to make, and along with Gordon Ramsay’s steak cooking tips, I made a perfectly cooked New York strip steak that had a buttery flavor and prepared just the way I wanted it.
Gordon Ramsay Steak Rub Seasoning
1. Make the steak dry rub steak seasoning by combining the chili powder, ground coffee, brown sugar, paprika, cumin, oregano, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a mortar pestle
2. Season steaks with the dry rub, Sear on all sides.
3. Add butter, cloves of garlic, rosemary, and thyme to the pan and baste the steaks until medium-rare.
4. Remove the steak and let rest
Make Sauteed Mushrooms
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
2. Add in the mushrooms and sauté until browned.
3. Add in diced shallot and minced garlic.
4. Deglaze the mushrooms with cognac, flambé to burn off the alcohol.
5. Finish with a knob of butter and season with salt and pepper and fresh thyme leaves.
Make Fingerling Potatoes
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, Then add fingerling potatoes and cook until just tender.
2. After finishing cooking take out and Immediately shock potatoes ice water, then drain and dry pot completely.
3. Cut the potatoes in half and, in the meantime, heat oil in a large non-stick pan.
4. Now add potatoes, cut side down, cook them until browned, and then flip the potatoes.
5. Now, Season with salt and pepper and finish with butter.
Make Smokey BBQ Sauce
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add in onion and garlic and cook until softened
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients
4. Bring to a simmer and cook on low for 30 minutes.