Duck pairs very well with fruity sauces and the strawberries paired with red wine really make for a comforting combination, perfect for autumn. Duck makes an excellent meal for any special occasion or a holiday, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day or New Year. If you want something different this year you need to make this Crispy Duck Breast Recipe.
Duck or Duckling, meat comes from a young duck, in foodie language, it signifies duck meat. Duck is eaten in many cuisines thought out the world. There are few species of the duck used in cooking. Anatidae is found in both fresh and saltwater. Another species of freshwater duck is the mallard.
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Crispy Duck Breast
The below Guide goes through the steps of how to cook crispy skin duck breast. Now go gather your equipment and let’s start cooking.
Equipment Needed for Crispy Duck with Confit Potatoes Recipe:
- Chefs knife
- Cutting board
- 12” Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
1. Preparing The Duck Breast
Using a small sharp knife, score the duck skin in a crosshatch pattern (do not pierce meat). Season the duck breasts with salt and pepper and place them skin side down in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Turn up the heat under the duck breasts and fry for about 5 minutes until the skin is crisp. Turn them over and fry on the other side for 1–2 minutes until cooked through. Place the tray in the hot oven for 8–10 minutes until the duck is slightly springy when pressed.
2. Make Confit Potatoes
Place the potatoes, garlic, shallot, and thyme in a medium saucepan. Cover the potatoes with olive oil (or duck fat if using) and bring to a slow simmer over medium heat. Cook the potatoes until just tender, 30–35 minutes.
Allow the potatoes to cool in the oil, then drain and place in a bowl. Slice each in half, lengthwise.
3. Prepare Sauce
Meanwhile, make the sauce. Place the red wine in a pan with the garlic and thyme and boil for 7–8 minutes until reduced by half. Pour in the stock and reduce again by half. Stir the blackcurrant jam into the sauce and add a few knobs of butter to give it a shine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, then strain through a fine sieve and discard the solids.
4. Make Cream Leeks
In a large pan, sauté leeks in butter and salt with a lid on. Once soft add cream JUST to cover. Simmer until thick inconsistency. Season to taste.
Check out Gordon Ramsay Herb Crusted Lamb Chops
Gordon Ramsay Dinner Recipes
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Wellington Recipe with Red Wine SauceJump to RecipePrint RecipeGordon Ramsay adapts the traditional Beef Wellington recipe with his faithful cast iron skillet by searing, gives the beef fillet color, depth, and flavor. Using Dijon mustard
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey Recipe (Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Anytime Occasion)Jump to RecipePrint RecipeHave you ever wondered how Gordon Ramsay prepares his roast turkey recipe? He not only knows how to cook a delicious turkey, but he also knows the
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Recipe with Skirt, Chimichurri & White Bean ChorizoChef Gordon Ramsay’s Skirt Steak with Chimichurri & White Bean Chorizo has all that you desire for your summertime grilling its juicy, full of flavor as well as very easy simple to prepare. The Espelette pepper seasoning, which is a posh French pepper that you buy from online retailers.
- Gordon Ramsay Crab Cakes with Creamed Corn and AsparagusThis Gordon Ramsay crab cake recipe made with “lump crab meat” or “backfin crab meat.” This is the white sweet crab meat that comes from the body of the crab. The other meat is “claw meat” and comes from the claws or legs of the crab. You can use any meat from the crab that you want but true Marylanders…
- Gordon Ramsay Pork Chops, with Mashed Potatoes and Caramelized ApplesGordon Ramsay pork chop recipe with Mustard Grain Sauce, Braised cabbage, incredible mashed potatoes, and magnificent caramelized tart apples. Amaze your family with this delightful port chop recipe. Pork chops are one of the simplest proteins to prepare for an easy weeknight meal.