Looking for a delicious twist on steak and potatoes? Look no further than Gordon Ramsay’s N.Y. Strip Steak Recipe. This mouthwatering dish features perfectly cooked steak paired with crispy fingerling potatoes and savory mushrooms. (Check it out, Pan Seared Cast Iron)
Gordon Ramsay prefers rare steaks cooked to an internal temperature of 130-134°F. He starts seasoning the steak with salt and pepper to achieve the perfect flavor and texture. After that, he adds a splash of oil to a hot iron skillet and sears the steak to give it a beautiful color and texture on the outside. (Also see How to Cook Filet Mignon)
With a step-by-step guide, you can impress your guests and experience the rich flavors of this showstopping meal. Add a touch of elegance to your dinner with Gordon Ramsay’s N.Y. Strip Steak Recipe, and elevate your steak game to a new level. (Find out more about Gordon Ramsay Skirt Steak)
Equipment You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay N.Y. Strip Steak
To make Gordon Ramsay’s N.Y. Strip Steak recipe, you will need a few key pieces of equipment to ensure the dish turns out perfectly.
Here are some of the essential items you will need:
- Grill or grill pan: N.Y. Strip Steak is best cooked on a grill or grill pan to get that delicious charred flavor and crispy exterior.
- Tongs: Tongs are essential for flipping and handling the steak on the grill or grill pan.
- Meat thermometer: It’s important to cook the steak to the right internal temperature to ensure it is tender and juicy. A meat thermometer is an essential tool to achieve this.
- Chef’s knife: A sharp chef’s knife is needed to trim and properly slice any excess fat from the N.Y. Strip Steak.
- Cutting board: A sturdy cutting board is needed for slicing the steak and other food prep tasks.
- Cast iron skillet: A cast iron skillet is useful for searing the steak and making the compound butter.
- Mixing bowl: You will need a mixing bowl to prepare the compound butter.
- Whisk: A whisk is useful for mixing the ingredients of the compound butter.
With these essential pieces of equipment on hand, you’ll be well on making Gordon Ramsay’s delicious N.Y. Strip Steak with Compound Butter recipe at home.
I’ve used and recommend both cookware sets, the ScanPan 10-Piece Cookware Set and the HexClad 7-Piece Hybrid; both are well-made pans with a solid, heavy bottom, heat fast, and they get the job done. Visit the ScanPan or HexClad on Amazon. (Learn more about Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Essential Tools)
Gordon Ramsay Strip Steak Recipe Ideas
Here are 10 ideas for cooking strip steak:
- Classic Grilled Steak: Season the steak with salt and pepper and grill it to your desired level of doneness.
- Pan-Seared Steak: Heat a cast-iron skillet until it’s smoking hot, add some oil, and sear the steak on each side until it’s cooked to your liking.
- Steak Fajitas: Slice the steak into strips and cook it with peppers and onions for a delicious fajita filling.
- Steak Sandwich: Serve sliced steak on a toasted bun with your favorite toppings, cheese, onions, or mushrooms.
- Steak Salad: Slice the steak thinly and serve it over greens with your favorite salad toppings and dressing.
- Steak Tacos: Fill tortillas with sliced steak, avocado, and your favorite toppings for a tasty taco dinner.
- Steak and Eggs: Serve a strip steak with eggs for a classic breakfast dish.
- Steak Stir-Fry: Cut the steak into thin strips and stir-fry it with vegetables and sauce for a quick and easy meal.
- Steak Skewers: Cut the steak into cubes and grill it on skewers with vegetables for a fun and tasty barbecue dish.
- Steak Tartare: Finely chop the steak and mix it with herbs, spices, and other ingredients for a raw and flavorful dish.
There are many ways to cook and serve strip steak. Whether you prefer grilling, pan-searing, or using the steak in tacos or stir-fries, the strip steak is a versatile and flavorful cut of beef that can be used in many different dishes.
Experiment with different seasonings and sauces, such as red wine or chimichurri, to find your favorite way to enjoy this delicious cut of beef. With these ideas, you can create delicious and satisfying meals using strip steak as the star ingredient.
Gordon Ramsay Steak Rub Seasoning
- Make the steak dry rub steak seasoning by combining the chili powder, ground coffee, brown sugar, paprika, cumin, oregano, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a mortar pestle.
- Season steaks with the dry rub; Sear on all sides.
- Add butter, cloves of garlic, rosemary, and thyme to the pan and baste the steaks until medium rare.
- Remove the steak and let it rest
Make Sauteed Mushrooms
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Add in the mushrooms and sauté until browned.
- Add in diced shallot and minced garlic.
- Deglaze the mushrooms with cognac and flambé to burn off the alcohol.
- Finish with a knob of butter and season with salt, pepper, and fresh thyme leaves.
Make Fingerling Potatoes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil; then add fingerling potatoes and cook until just tender.
- After cooking, remove and Immediately shock potatoes in ice water, then drain and dry the pot completely.
- Cut the potatoes in half and, in the meantime, heat the oil in a large non-stick pan.
- Add potatoes, cut them down, cook them until browned, and flip them.
- Now, Season with Salt and Pepper and finish with butter.
Make Smokey BBQ Sauce
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onion and garlic and cook until softened
- Stir in the remaining ingredients
- Bring to a simmer and cook on low for 30 minutes.