This simple baked Parmesan Crusted Sea Scallops, Wilted Spinach with Lemon Caper Sauce have a pleasant balance of crispy gold-brown topping crust and sweet, tender sea scallops. They are decadent the way sea scallops should taste, thankfulness to the tasty caper butter-lemon sauce.
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Parmesan Crusted Sea Scallops
Make sure you purchase uniform-sized sea scallops; if they’re unusually large, you may need to make sure you bake them for longer than 10 minutes.
Crust the Sea Scallops
Step 1. Pre-heat the oven 450°F. Delicately coat a large-sized rimmed baking sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2. Raise the sea scallops and pat dry with paper towels. Put the sea scallops in a large-sized bowl with 6 Tbsp. of the soft melted butter. toss to coat equally.
Step 3. Blending together the panko bread crumb with Parmesan, black pepper, garlic salt and chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley in a large shallow bowl and mix well.
Step 4. Roll and coat every sea scallop in the panko parmesan breading mix and position on the baking sheet pan.
Step 5. Bake the sea scallops for 10 minutes then remove from oven preheat your broiler.
Step 6. Spoon the tops of each scallop lightly with any leftover breading and drizzle with the leftover 2 Tbsp. of butter.
Step 7. Now Broil the sea scallops about 4 in. away from the broiler heat source about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the tops of the sea scallops are nicely golden brown and crispy.
Step 8. Sparkle sea scallops with additional parsley, lemon zest and serve with ¼ wedged lemons.
Step 1. In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
Step 2. Add the shallot and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
Step 3. Add the spinach and cook, tossing to coat, until the spinach is wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Lemon Butter Caper Sauce
Step 1. Melt 2 Tbsp. of butter in it over medium heat until sizzling.
Step 2. Now add the garlic and shallot, sauté them until soften, lowering the heat if needed, almost for 1 minute.
Step 3. The Sprinkle flour in pan, cook, stirring, for additional 2 more minutes.
Step 4. Now Whisk in the dry wine along with the chicken stock, bring the heat up the heat to high and till the liquid begins to boil, make sure to scrape browned bits from the bottom of the saucepan.
Step 5. Lower the heat to medium-high continue to cook, without a lid, until it’ reduced by ½ in about 7 to 10 minutes.
Check out Shrimp and Scallop Risotto
More Gordon Ramsay Recipes
- Lobster Spaghetti Recipe Gordon RamsayHell’s Kitchen Lobster and Spaghetti Recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Lobster is one of those few foods you can bring home live from the store to cook yourself. If you’re up for the challenge, it’s very easy to do.
- The Best Mexican Shrimp Tostadas CevicheHell’s Kitchen Mexican Shrimp Tostadas Ceviche Recipe by Gordon Ramsay. I realized that this dish is all about the contrast of the textures and, colors. Made with mouthwatering shrimp, and soft, ripe avocado, tossed with crunchy radishes and served on a delightful crunchy Tostada base tortilla.
- Seared Crab Cakes with Haricot Vert Beans and Citrus Butter SauceThis Hell’s Kitchen crab cake with Dijon mustard recipe by Gordon Ramsay made with specifying “lump crab meat” or “backfin crab meat.” This is the white sweet crab meat that comes from the body of the crab. The other meat is “claw meat” and comes from the claws or legs of the crab.
- Blackened Red Drum with Ancient Grains, Kale & Orange Butter SauceHell’s Kitchen Blackened Red Drum Recipe by Gordon Ramsay is one of my favorite ways to enjoy redfish. I love coating redfish with Cajun bold spices and frying it until it is blackened.
- Best 10 Hell’s Kitchen Fish RecipesHell’s Kitchen Best Fish Recipes by Gordon Ramsay. There are plenty of fish recipes that you can make on our website to share with your loved ones. Enjoy reading about and making these recipes.