This Pan seared Sea Scallops, Basil Mint Herb Salad with Coconut Lemon Grass Cream Sauce recipe might seem intimidating, but it’s very easy to do at home. You’ll initially want to get your pan remarkably hot so you can get a good sear on both sides of the scallops. You will need to scrape off the side of the scallops to remove any hanging meat, although it’s absolutely safe to eat it is chewy and texture is not pleasant.
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Sea Scallops with Basil Mint Herb Salad
To remove it, just pinch and strip it off with your hands. The rule to keep in mind when searing scallops is to have all your ingredients ready because once Scallops hit the pan it all moves very fast.
Pan Sear Scallops
Basil Mint Herb Salad
Step 1. Put all ingredients into food processor and pulse till finely chopped
Step 2. The add vinaigrette to a bowl of lettuce greens and fresh vegetables for a large size mixed salad, or you can make individual salad, add 2 to 2 1/2 Tbsp. on top
Step 3. Mix and blend leafy greens, sliced strawberries, toasted walnuts, sliced red onion, and a little chopped green onion.
Coconut Lemongrass Cream Sauce
Step 1. As the scallops are cooking, boil coconut milk on med heat. Then add all other ingredients reduce to simmer for 10 minutes, stir infrequently. Drain off all solids with a slotted spoon.
Step 2. Just before severing Spoon sauce liberally over grilled scallops.
Check out How to Perfectly Pan Sear Scallops
Gordon Ramsay Seafood Recipes
- Gordon Ramsay’s Top 5 Fish Recipes (Easy and Simple)Jump to RecipePrint RecipeIt seems that unless fish comes covered in batter and served with chips on the side, most people don’t care for it. That’s a shame because fish
- Best 10 Hell’s Kitchen Fish RecipesHell’s Kitchen Best Fish Recipes by Gordon Ramsay. There are plenty of fish recipes that you can make on our website to share with your loved ones. Enjoy reading about and making these recipes.
- Blackened Red Drum with Ancient Grains, Kale & Orange Butter SauceHell’s Kitchen Blackened Red Drum Recipe by Gordon Ramsay is one of my favorite ways to enjoy redfish. I love coating redfish with Cajun bold spices and frying it until it is blackened.
- Seared Crab Cakes with Haricot Vert Beans and Citrus Butter SauceThis Hell’s Kitchen crab cake with Dijon mustard recipe by Gordon Ramsay made with specifying “lump crab meat” or “backfin crab meat.” This is the white sweet crab meat that comes from the body of the crab. The other meat is “claw meat” and comes from the claws or legs of the crab.
- The Best Mexican Shrimp Tostadas CevicheHell’s Kitchen Mexican Shrimp Tostadas Ceviche Recipe by Gordon Ramsay. I realized that this dish is all about the contrast of the textures and, colors. Made with mouthwatering shrimp, and soft, ripe avocado, tossed with crunchy radishes and served on a delightful crunchy Tostada base tortilla.