These Bone-in Beef Short Ribs Red Wine are simmered low and slow in a rich deep sauce. Chunks of succulent meat that pulls right off the bone, in a deep rich sauce. The perfect comfort food. They are so forgiving and easy to make, simmered low and slow in a delicious rich liquid. When it sits in that delightful braising juice the flavors just concentrate. It’s also better the next day, if that’s even imaginable!
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Bone-in Braised Short Ribs
The best ribs to use for this recipe are the short ones called flanken as they’re great on flavor. Serve the ribs with roasted or mashed potatoes. The dish takes about three hours to make.
For 3 Bone Beef Short Rib Flanken
Step 1. Place wine in a medium-sized (2 quart) heavy saucepan and boil until it reduces to one cup.
Step 2. Separately, cut towel-dried ribs crosswise in pieces 2 1/2 inches long. Season generously with pepper and salt.
Step 3. Heat a (5 quart) heavy, dry saucepan on high heat and brown ribs for 8 minutes in small batches. Remove from heat and transfer ribs to a bowl using tongs.
Step 4. Reduce heat and cook the shallots on medium heat, stirring all the time. When browned, transfer using a slotted spoon to another bowl.
Step 5. Pour the wine and mustard into the pot and add the ribs. Cover pot and allow to simmer for about 1 3/4 hours.
Step 6. Stir in the tomatoes and shallots gently, cover pot and allow to simmer for 40 minutes or until the meat is tender.
Step 7. Carefully lift the ribs, tomatoes, and shallots from pan and transfer on a serving platter. Skim off fat from the liquid, season to taste with mustard, salt, and pepper and pour on the ribs.
Gordon Ramsay Beef Recipes
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Wellington Recipe with Red Wine SauceGordon Ramsay adapts the traditional Beef Wellington recipe with his faithful cast iron skillet by searing, gives the beef fillet color, depth, and flavor. Using Dijon mustard to tenderize and […]
- Gordon Ramsay Breakfast Burger (A Brunch Sandwich)Gordon Ramsay Breakfast Brunch burger sandwich is served with an over med-egg on top of an 8 oz beef patty, mild cheddar cheese, caramelized shallots, and crispy bacon on a brioche bun. Gordon Ramsay Michelin star chef explains how to make his breakfast Bruch burger. It turned out extremely tasty with an overwhelming aroma.
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Recipe with Skirt, Chimichurri & White Bean ChorizoChef Gordon Ramsay’s Skirt Steak with Chimichurri & White Bean Chorizo has all that you desire for your summertime grilling its juicy, full of flavor as well as very easy simple to prepare. The Espelette pepper seasoning, which is a posh French pepper that you buy from online retailers.
- Gordon Ramsay N.Y. Strip Steak, Fingerling Potatoes, and MushroomsMichelin star chef Gordon Ramsay first coats his steaks with a seasoning of salt and pepper on both sides before cooking, that goes without saying. But this Gordon Ramsay steak recipe uses a special Gordon Ramsay steak seasoning rub, BBQ sauce, and cognac to flambés the steak. A stovetop steak recipe that’s so simple to make.
- Gordon Ramsay Hamburger Recipe (All His Secrets Revealed)Hell’s Kitchen Burger Recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Grilling the perfect burger is an art form by using an amazing blend of ground chuck Sirloin beef and brisket and also fresh, grilled onions are an important element in making the perfect burger as the grilled onions are easy to make and indisputably remarkable.