If you never had Beef Carpaccio you need to try this recipe, but be selective with your meat as carpaccio simple, raw beef, pounded to tenderness to turn it into a delicacy. Have a sharp knife to cut your beef super-thin. Yuzu is a tart citrus fruit common to Japanese cuisine; its flavor is similar to grapefruit with a hint of mandarin orange. If Yuzu is unavailable at your grocery store, grapefruit juice may be substituted.
What’s Carpaccio Made of?
Carpaccio is a dish of thinly sliced or pounded meat or fish that is raw and served mainly as an appetizer dish. Created in 1950 by Giuseppe Cipriani from Harry’s Bar in Venice and became popular during the second half of the twentieth century.
How To Make Gordon Ramsay Beef Carpaccio:
Beef carpaccio is a treat you can experience in your kitchen with these simple steps. Now go gather your equipment and let’s start cooking.
Equipment Needed for Gordon Ramsay Beef Carpaccio Recipe:
- Chefs knife
- Cutting board
- Meat Pounder
- Small Bowl
- Small saucepan
- Wooden Spoon
1. Make Pickled Radish
In a small saucepan, heat both kinds of vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, and salt, mixing to dissolve. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat and cool slightly.
Combine the radishes, carrots, fennel, garlic clove, black peppercorns, and jalapeño in a bowl. Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables, mixing to combine. Fold in the cilantro. Transfer to a jar fitted with an airtight lid.
2. Make Yuzu Vinaigrette
In a small bowl, whisk together the yuzu juice, mustard, soy sauce, garlic, and lemon zest. Add the oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking to emulsify. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Sliced Beef for Carpaccio
Wrap the tenderloin in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
Unwrap the meat and thinly slice into ¼-inch-thick pieces. Lay the meat onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Top with another sheet of plastic wrap and gently pound the meat with a meat mallet until paper-thin.
Note that a few recipes call for the meat to be pounded thinly, that can be another way of getting meat thin.
4. Plate Beef Carpaccio
Divide the carpaccio among four plates. Top with pickled vegetables, fennel fronds, and drizzle with yuzu vinaigrette.
Gordon Ramsay Appetizer Recipes
- Lobster Butternut Squash RisottoHell’s Kitchen Lobster Risotto Lobster Butternut Squash Risotto by Gordon Ramsay combines sweet, buttery butternut squash and creamy risotto with herbs and Parmesan cheese, with butternut squash bursting with a truly gourmet flavor.
- Spicy Ground Beef Lettuce WrapsHell’s Kitchen Spicy Ground Beef Lettuce Wrap recipe by Gordon Ramsay. A quick lettuce wrap recipe that will go well with literally any main dish you need not look any further. This Butter Lettuce Spicy Ground Beef is for real.
- Seared Crab Cakes with Haricot Vert Beans and Citrus Butter SauceThis Hell’s Kitchen crab cake with Dijon mustard recipe by Gordon Ramsay made with specifying “lump crab meat” or “backfin crab meat.” This is the white sweet crab meat that comes from the body of the crab. The other meat is “claw meat” and comes from the claws or legs of the crab.
- Creamy Asparagus Risotto with Lemon and MascarponeHell’s Kitchen Creamy Asparagus Risotto with Lemon and Mascarpone Recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Made with spring green asparagus brightened with lemon and enriched with a dollop of mascarpone.
- Mushroom Risotto with Parmesan CheeseHell’s Kitchen Mushroom Risotto with Parmesan Cheese recipe by Gordon Ramsay. Made with portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced, shallots and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.