Duck pairs very well with fruity sauces and the strawberries paired with red wine really makes for a comforting combination, perfect for autumn.
Breast of Muscovy Duck Breast with braised cabbage, golden raisins and a port wine reduction
Write a review
- 2 muscovy duck breasts cleaned and scored
- 0.5 head Red Cabbage shredded
- 0.5 cup Golden Raisin
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole Butter
- 1 tablespoon toasted Cashew chopped
- 0.5 cup raspberry Vinegar
- 2 cups ruby port wine
- 1 cup dark chicken demi glace
- Olive Oil for sautéing
- Select all ingredients
- In a small roasting pan combine the cabbage, brown sugar, raisins, whole butter, vinegar and salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for on hour at 350F.
- When finished check the seasoning and keep hot.
- In a hot sauté pan with olive oil, cook the duck breast skin side down to render the fat.
- When there is a lot of fat in the pan drain it off and return to the stove.
- Continue this process until the skin is crispy.
- Turn the breast over and cook from the other side.
- Repeat this process until cooked medium, approximately 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the breasts.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Drain the fat from the pan and add the port wine.
- Reduce to 1/3 and add the dark chicken demi and simmer.
- Taste and check the seasoning.
- Place the cabbage in the center of the plate.
- Slice the duck in thin slices against the grain.
- Arrange the slices on top of the cabbage.
- Pour the sauce on top of the duck and a small amount around and sprinkle with chopped cashews.
Hell's Kitchen Recipes http://hellskitchenrecipes.com/